Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

It's My Party


And I'll drink if I want to. Yesterday was my 21st birthday! Of course I popped a little bubbly before my legal day, but if you're reading my blog I'll assume you're like me and did the same. But being 21 legally is a little different than sneakily stashing your fake in your purse and praying you didn't lose it the morning after. 

This is a day I had been looking forward to as long as I can remember. Twenty-one is not only a feeling of freedom, but a slight feeling of bittersweet adulthood. 

Top of mind all day was what drink was going to be my first legal one. We did dinner at the Funky Door, a wine bar and fondue restaurant with fiesta cheese fondue to die for. Of course I had a couple glasses of Moscato, but those were still not my first legal drinks. After dinner, I was in the mood to celebrate at Louie Louie's Piano Bar - which was probably the best choice I had made yet. It was extremely entertaining and a rather crazy evening. My first drinks I ordered were called Starf*@!r$. They were a mixed drink of God knows what that tasted just like a starburst. Sweet and alcohol free, or so I felt. Three hours later, they sure caught up to me. I had a fabulous time with friends and family and am so blessed for such amazing people in my life. 

Image via

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment