Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Make-Up Must Haves

Everyday Make-Up Must Haves
Above are my fave make-up products I use for everyday wear. When I go out, I will add more make-up, but for daily wear, I like to keep it simple and neutral. 

I'm a big fan of both inexpensive drug store brands and higher end brands - it depends on the product! My daily make-up routine consists of covering my face, eyes, and lips.


FACE: I love to try different foundations and BB Creams, but right now this is what I currently use. 

-To prep my face, I always wash my face before applying make-up with one of my many cleansers. 
-MOISTURIZE. MOISTURIZE. MOISTURIZE. My grandmother always tells me the key to being wrinkle-free is a little moisturizer everyday. I don't believe it matters what kind you use, as long as you are using one. I use St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen and Elastin. I really like this moisturizer because it is really cheap, has a smooth texture, and it gets the job done. Apply this to your face and neck. 
-After, I prime my face using M.A.C. Prep & Prime. I use this on my face, lids, and lips. Many people don't use primers, but they really help in filling in small lines and pores, to create an even 'canvas' of your face. It makes your makeup a little more flawless to have that base. 
-I apply M.A.C. Mineralize Foundation with SPF to even out and cover my skin. Since this foundation is a "build-able," meaning you can apply as little or as much as you want, sponges or wedges work best for application. I will usually apply a more subtle amount for everyday wear, and more for when I go out at night or for special occasions. 
-I then add Mary Kay concealer for under my eyes and blemishes only. Mary Kay offers many colors, and this color is a lighter shade than my foundation, so when I do my evening makeup, I also double it for a highlighter!

CHEEKS: I have a couple different shades of blushes I use, depending on the season.

-For this fall/winter season, I am wearing M.A.C. Pro LongWear Blush in the shade "Stay Pretty." This is a light pink shade that I swipe across the apples of my cheek, along my cheekbone to my hairline. A contour brush really helps for this look. I use an elf brush because it is cheap, but nice quality. The blush shade is a very subtle color and gives me a nice glow. 

EYES: I always wear eyeliner along my top lashes.

-First, I will swipe the lighter cream shade of eyeshadow across both of my eyes, and then add the light brown shade to my lids. For everyday wear, I usually do not use the darker shadows, because it is too dramatic. 
-I use Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner. I LOVE gel. It glides on so smoothly, allowing me to create that perfect line so easily. It also dries so quickly, and is set for the rest of my day. It is all I use along my top lash line. I start in the center and work my way outward. I like to "wing" my ends a small bit for everyday wear. I will then go back to the center and make my way inward to the corner of my eye. This technique allows me to get a perfectly even line across.
-After, I will apply one to two coats of Loreal False Fiber Lashes to finish off my eyes. I am a mascara junkie and will sometimes wear other brands, but I use this brand the most. I also apply mascara to my bottom lashes, by holding the brush upright and softly moving it from left to right.  

LIPS: I don't always have a lip color on my lips. Sometimes, I just use a Chapstick, but it depends on the day and occasion. I do however have a crazy obsession with lipsticks and will try any color and any brand. 

-For my everyday look, I will usually just swipe on a gloss like my M.A.C. Pro LongWear Lip Glass shown above. I am not a fan of "sticky," so I tend to shy away from cheap lip glosses.The long wearing M.A.C. products are great for completing my look for my day-to-day make-up.

Hope this helped you find new products to check out! 

Tell me some of your fave products for me to check out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment