Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Beauty on a Budget


Ipsy Bag for November 2013

Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 products every month delivered to your door, for just $10, for my location, the shipping is included and Michelle Phan curates the bags! 

After two months of being on the wait list, it is an understatement to say I was excited to finally receive that big pink envelope in the mail. It's Ipsy time! I reviewed many subscription boxes and fell in love with the concept of Ipsy and decided to see what the hype was all about. Ipsy (formerly My Glam Bag) is a monthly subscription service where you receive a cute makeup bag full of 4-5 deluxe, and often full-sized products. They also provide exclusive offers from the brands featured in that month so you can buy more if you like it. It's a really good way to try out new products and brands that you might not otherwise be able to, much less even heard of before! 

November's theme was "Glam it Up" and contains six great full sized products that I love! From Ipsy: "As invites to holiday events and parties start pouring in, we are excited to say that your November Glam Bag will be filled with some go-to products to help get you glam." 

The Products:
Be A Bombshell | Lip Crayon in Shameless - Full Size $14
"A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go."
I really love lip products, so I was really excited to try this one out. It is a beautiful raspberry pink shade and has a tint of sparkle. I really loved this color on me. When I used it alone, it is a glossy color for a little bit and then the glossiness began to fade. I swiped on a nude lipgloss over it and the color was so pretty. It wears like a chapstick, so I was glad it wasn't sticky. Great for the upcoming holidays and parties! Love this product. I will be buying more. 

BH Cosmetics | Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow in Neptune - Full Size (18 Shadow Palette) $14.95
"This Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample will take you from Plain Jane to an infinite trendsetter, inspired by the moons and planets of the universe, eyeshadow shades range from hot sun-orange to cool earth-blue and colors of the Milky Way. Be as chic as a sparkling star!" 
          
I am a huge fan of baked eyeshadows, and am really eager to try this out. I usually wear neutral shades, so I haven't had a chance to try this one out yet. I swatched the shadow on my skin, and it is a really pretty color. The pigmentation seems great!

"The Starlooks Gem Eye Pencils provide a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish."

When I saw that the color was Topaz, I thought it was going to be a blue shade. It is actually a metallic silver. I blended this eye pencil along my brow line as a highlighter. It wasn't overly metallic, and looked great with neutral eyeshadows. 

Pixi Beauty | Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched - Full Size $18 includes Kabuki brush
"This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sun kissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment."
The bronzer I normally use just ran out, so this product came at the right time. I am currently using this in the "C-shape." This is close to my hair line, crossing my temples, and dropping near the end of my earlobe. It is the perfect shade on my skin to give that "sun-kissed" shade. It doesn't look unnatural or too summer-y. Great product. 

"Glamour is an attitude as much as a look, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look the part…all the way down to your fingertips! Just in time for the year's most glamourous season, nailtini is serving ipsters gorgeous nails in two shimmering shades - icy golden Champagne and molten pewter Caviar Cocktail. The perfect finishing touch to glam it up head to toe!"

This nail polish looks like it would be a copper colored shade, but actually comes off in the color describing it name - Champagne. It is a great nude color with the perfect amount of shimmer for a fun holiday party. I cannot wait to paint my nails! Cheers to beauty, and apply responsibly. 

"Inspired by the girl who wants to rock out with her lashes. Amp it up and create instant lash drama with a single coat. Uniquely-designed spoon brush "cups" and quickly builds lashes with rich color and volume."

I have semi-long eyelashes and really love to experiment with different mascaras. I usually only use black since brown doesn't show up on me well. This mascara has been great so far. I really like how think the brush is and how fast the mascara sets. I cannot use this on my bottom lashes because it tends to smear underneath. I am impressed with Michelle Phan's makeup line, but I don't know if I would pay $20 for this mascara. 

It is so fun to be surprised with the products the bag contains! I cannot wait to see what my December Glam Bag holds!!!

Images via










No comments:

Post a Comment