Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beauty on a Budget

Ipsy Bag for December 2013
Ipsy has become my favorite guilty pleasure. Last month I received my first bag and it has become so fun waiting to see what you will get! When you subscribe to the Glam Bag, you receive a cute makeup bag filled with 4-5 products every month delivered to your door. It is just $10, shipping included, for these Michelle Phan curated bags! When you sign onto Ipsy, they offer a "Glam Room" where you can peek and see what items are coming in your bag before it arrives. I opt out of this option and wait it out. The surprise is what's fun about it! Join me and subscribe to Ipsy at http://www.ipsy.com/r/17j2.

December's theme was "Celebration" and contains I've great products that I can't wait to try! From Ipsy: "There's always a reason to celebrate! Whether it's buying your first car or welcoming your 2nd grandchild, there's always a reason to get gorgeous and feel glamorous!" 

The Products:

POP Beauty | Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin' Hot - Full Size $24
"This palette of hues adds definition & intensity to lids, creative a broad range of looks that complements all eye colours. From brightening bare to sultry smoke, these hues blend smoothly onto the lid, adding a veil of silky luster that will outlive the day or night!"


I love eyeshadows, so I am really excited to try this one out. It will be perfect for a smokey eye when I go out. I was really hoping to get the brown hues since I wear those colors daily, but this darker one will be fun to try. 

Be a Bombsell | The One Stick in Sunset - Full Size $16
"An all-in-one multiple stick with a smooth texture. Apply to eyelids, cheeks or lips for the perfect pop of color anywhere!"


This product seems really cool since it could be used in three different purposes. I was really hoping for a lighter pink shade, because this seems so dark for my skin to use as a blush. It never hurts to try, so I may decide it works perfect. I will definitely use it as a lip color! 

"The Mirabella Eye Blender Brush fuses eyeshadow to create a naturally sculpted eye. Tapered domed shape provides flawless and easy application. hand-sculpted brush is made with the finest quality materials and features exclusive brushed aluminum ferrule and handle."


I love makeup brushes! I was really excited to see this in my bag, because brushes are so expensive that I hate buying them on my own. I don't really like to use the sponge applicators that come with eyeshadow palettes, so this will be great to use with the POP Beauty eyeshadow trio that I received. It is soft and not plastic-y - great for blending. 

"Salon Perfect Strip Lashes allow every woman to have gorgeous lashes beyond what mascara can offer. Perfectly Natural Strip Lashes give a more natural daytime look."


These lashes seem perfect for day use or maybe a simpler lash for going to a dinner with friends. I know these lashes can be bought from Walmart, but I really love wearing false lashes, so this gives me an opportunity to try this brand that I may have never tried!

"The Big Lip Pencil is a hydrating and vibrant lipstick as well as a sculpting lip liner. It's destined to be in your makeup collection!"


This lip pencil seems like a great color and will be perfect for holiday parties, big events and game days. I love red lipstick and can't wait to try it. If I like the color on me, it's super cheap - seems like a win-win!

I'm really excited to try all these products and can't wait to see what my January Glam Bag holds!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can't believe it's already 2014! 

Images via

No comments:

Post a Comment