Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Beauty on a Budget

Ipsy Glam Bag for January 2014

This is my third Ipsy glam bag to receive, and I like sharing the products with my readers. My previous two bags have been awesome! When you subscribe, you receive a makeup bag filled with 4-5 products every month for just $10! The surprise of not knowing is so fun to me! Join me and subscribe to Ipsy at http://www.ipsy.com/r/17j2.

January's theme was "19 Reasons" and contains five products, shown above. From Ipsy: "19 reasons to make it an amazing new year, a million reasons to be a beautiful new you!"

The Products:

"Repair and treat dry, damaged and breaking hair with Don't Despair, Repair! deep conditioning mask. Fortified with ultra-hydrating avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, strengthening keratin protein, power-conditioning rose hip oil, soothing aloe, and super hair-essential vitamins B5, D, A, E, and biotin. This unique complex of targeting ingredients helps increase hair elasticity and moisture to prevent breakage, promotes healthy shine and luster, and replenishes strength."

Although I probably should, I have never used a deep conditioner on my hair. I have long thick hair, so it takes a little longer for my hair to be damaged, but if this works as a preventative - GREAT! I will definitely try this deep conditioning mask within this next week. The ingredients inside of this product seem absolutely amazing!

"The ultimate gel pencil that's smooth like butter and packed with deliciously creamy colors. These velvety pencils glide on with ease, and contain just enough shimmer. They're also waterproof and perfect to wear all day and night, a must have for all color lovers!"
           

I have not ever used a pencil eyeshadow before, so this will be a different concept of blending for me. I love a little shimmer, but not too much. The sample size received in the Ipsy bag is pretty small, so I hope the product does not break while using. The color seems okay. I also am not sure if I like the fact that you have to sharpen this product like an eyeliner pencil, but we will see. I do not think that I would purchase this product for the price since it is just one color. I use the Urban Decay Naked palettes (yes they are $52, but you receive 12 quality shadows that are well worth the investment.)

"Nourish Organic's Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion provides continuous moisture throughout the day while replenishing essential skin nutrients. The advanced, non-greasy formula is also rich in vitamins and antioxidants to boost skin's defenses and leave skin healthier and younger-looking every day. 100% Natural. USDA-Certified Organic. Fragrance-Free. Alcohol-Free. Ultra gentle for sensitive skin."


I think moisturizers make a world of difference to prevention of aging. If you start young (or now) wrinkles will be finer later on. I currently use St. Ives with collagen and elasticity, but I am willing to put that down for a few days to try this sample. I don't know if I will purchase this product after for $22 when I only pay $5 max now, but maybe worth a try! The Moroccan Argan Oil will hydrate and replenish skin, rosewater evens out skin tone and smooths texture, while shea butter locks in moisture and improves skin's elasticity.

"MicaBeauty's 24 hour Tinted Lip Balm conditions your lips without smudge while delivering sophisticated finish. For a sheer wash of color, one swipe is all you need. For a bolder pout, simply apply another swipe and this lip balm will create lips every woman covets. Kiss-proof and smudge-proof!"



I really do love lip shade, whether it be lipstick, gloss, or balms, so I am excited to try this. However, I really wish they had small brush applicators to go with them, so that the shade does not stain my fingers. The color is great and I can't wait to try it. I don't think I would pay $30 for this product though. No offense to MicaBeauty, but I would personally rather pay $6 more for a YSL lipstick. 

Proactiv+ | Mark Fading Pads - Part of the Complete Kit $39.95
"The Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads are a convenient, single-use, no-rinse peel pad that can instantly boost your skin's glow and radiance. The pads help remove dead skin cells to unclog pores and remove dull layers to reveal newer, smoother, more even toned skin. With just a few quick swipes you can help fade away post acne dark marks, reduce the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores."

The Mark Fading Pads are part of the Proactiv+ Complete Kit along with the Eye Brightening Serum and new 3-step System: Skin Smoothing Exfoliator, Pore Targeting Treatment and Complexion Perfecting Hydrator for $39.95 a month. Also, if you order right now (please finish my post first) they are offering a free bonus gift.


Most people have either used or heard of Proactiv+, me included. I love their products and 3-step system. It really worked for me. I started using them around the age of 12 and stopped after about 16. I will occasionally use the system today, but not every day. I really want to try the new formula and these mark fading pads! The Complete Kit seems like such a deal!! I could really rave on Proactiv+ and the difference their products made to my skin, but I won't bore you. 

Overall, Ipsy seemed to make this month about new year and new healthy skincare - which is great, but I am not overly crazy about this bag. I do LOVE the Briogeo hair mask and Proactiv+ face pads, so I am really excited to try these. I saw other products that were put into other bags and I have to say that I am quite jealous. I feel that I would have used some of those products over the others, but I guess that is the surprise and hope of getting these Glam bags. Anywho, can't wait to try these and see how they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment